Apple’s FaceTime is pretty awesome feature to communicate with friends of family members, but sad reality is, not everyone uses it. You still need to rely on phone calls to communicate, which is nothing bad unless you are using Mac or iPad. In such cases, it’s worst case when you get call but you are not anywhere close to your phone to get it. But wait, this was problem with previous iOS versions only. The latest one, the iOS 8 has solved it.
Yes, iOS 8 has solved the old problem. This mobile OS and OS X Yosemite let you receive the phone call on iPad and Mac. All thanks to Continuity feature. With it, as long as you are on same Wi-Fi network, and are logged into same iCloud account, you can receive the phone calls not only on iPhone, but on Mac and iPad too. This is something Apple users have been demanding for a long time.
If you are willing to know how to receive phone calls on iPad using the iPhone running iOS 8, then you are on the right page. Below is the detailed guide on how to do so.
How to Make and Receive Phone Calls on iPad using iPhone running iOS 8
Like already mentioned, in order to make it happen, you need to have your iPhone nearby. It must be on same WiFi network as your iPad or Mac. Also, you must be signed into iCloud and FaceTime with common Apple ID.
- The very first step you need to do is to tap the Settings app. To make sure that the devices are signed into the same iCloud account, tap the same iCloud.
- Now, go back to Settings screen and there, scroll down until you come across the option FaceTime. Tap on it. Make sure to enable the iPhone Cellular Calls on your iPhone. Also make sure that the iPhone Mobile Calls option is enabled on your iPad device. Don’t forget to check that you are logged into the same iCloud account for FaceTime on your iPad and iPhone.
- Now, go back to main Settings screen. Tap on Wi-Fi, as it’s time to connect the said devices to the same network.
- You are done with the initial setup. It’s time to tap on the Contacts app in your iPad to open it. Tap the intended contact.
- Phone app like interface will be followed by it on screen of your iPad. This screen will inform you that you are calling to the intended/select contact using your iPhone.
- Moreover, a green banner-like notification will appear on your iPhone. This notification is meant to tell you that you are using your iPhone to make the phone all. Clicking on it on your iPhone will launch the Phone app which let you continue the phone call from your iPhone. If you do so, a notification telling you that your phone call has been handed off, will appear on your iPad.
- When receiving call, the same phone call-like interface comes up on iPad. Just tap the Accept option to receive the call on iPad using your iPhone.
How to disable iPhone Cellular calls
In case you want to disable the iPhone cellular calls, you just need to follow the below steps.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone at first.
- Now tap on the FaceTime.
- Tap on On/Off toggle meant for the option that reads iPhone Cellular Calls.
That’s all. You have successfully learned the process to make and receive calls on iPad using your iPhone running iOS 8. In case you need any further help, use the below comment section to reach us. Use the same to share your experience as well.